|Ideal area coverage [foot area]||3×3|
|/Length, width, height||13.2 – 13.2 – 3.75|
|Recommended height||16 inches|
The LED light Apollo Horticulture: GL80x5LED 400W is a professional light that is also beginner friendly thanks to an instructional pamphlet. It has 80pcs of 5W chips that provide a complete light spectrum. It has UV light but is not very strong and requires to be lowered some inches to be adequately absorbed. It does not have any switch and is very easy to use. The cooling fans are not very good, and it requires some extra assistance.
Related: Pick the Best LED grow lights
- A great set of top quality stainless steel hanging clips.
- Healthy LED light.
- The cooling system is very quiet and not perceivable.
- Brings a pamphlet for beginners.
- Very expensive for the light intensity it delivers.
- It is not as bright as expected. Most of the time it needs to be placed some inches lower than the recommended height to deliver enough light.
- The cooling system is not enough; some extra fans may be required to avoid overheat.
- This light is heavy, for that reason, it needs high-quality hangers. It is around 15 pounds.
This LED light delivers an acceptable performance, but it is not what people expect for such a high price. There are many other options in the market that are way more affordable than this one for less than 300 dollars. The instructional pamphlet is very helpful for both beginners and experienced growers but is not the best choice for a first LED light. 2-year warranty and a lifespan of 50,000 hours which becomes very short for the price asked which is probably going to require extra spends in a couple of fans to help dissipate heat.